Tuesday, May 8, 2007

True Identity Revealed

Why was is so important for Joseph to reveal his identity?
Joseph had to reveal his identity because he couldn't keep it to himself any longer and he had to save his family from the famine.

What prompted him to keep his secret for so long? How difficult was it for him to keep the secret? How did Joseph feel when he revealed the truth?
Joseph had to keep his secret because he wanted to know if his brothers had truly changed and if they were sorry for what they had done. It was very difficult for him to his secret when his brothers were there, in fact, he had to leave the room because he broke down and couldn't talk to them. He wanted to touch them and tell them he forgave him but he held back until he could test their character. When he was final able to reveal the truth, he wept loudly and felt deep relief. He had waited so long to be reunited with them. I can't even imagine how hard it must have been to see them and keep a secret after all the years of waiting and wondering if he would ever be with his family again.

What kind of burden do you carry when you try to be someone other than yourself?
It's hard when you know that you are acting out a part. When you feel like your life is a facade, you fear that no one will like you once they find out who you are or where you came from. Sadly I have to admit that the majority of my life has been lived this way. I've never really felt accepted so I've tried my best to put on a show and be the person that I thought other people would like. Most of the time I end up not liking myself or having friends that I have nothing in common with.

What situations, circumstances, or people tempt you to be someone other than your true self? How can you resist the temptation?
Any situation involving alcohol usually means I'm not going to acting life myself, so it is best to stay away from drinking or hanging around people who drink a lot.

No comments: