Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I've got the big guy looking out for me.....

"The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous face many troubles, but the Lord rescues them from each and everyone. For the Lord protects them from harm- not one of their bones will be broken. Calamity will surely overtake the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be punished. But the Lord will redeem those who serve him. Everyone who trusts in him will be freely pardoned." Psalm 34:17-22

I will never forget the day I literally fell down on my floor and cried out for God to help me. I felt so empty, crushed, hurt, and alone. Since then he has totally changed my life internally and externally. I was suffering from a broken heart and he wrapped his big arms around me and let me know I was going to be okay. He was with me when the big wet tears rolled down my face and he let me know that unlike any guy on earth he would never hurt me or lie to me. He held me tight when I lost my job and he told me not to worry he was going to provide for me. He held my hand and guided me when I packed up and left Georgia bringing me back to Florida where I belong. He waited patiently for me to realize that everything that had been happening was a succession of events to bring me where he knew I would be the happiest. He has put me through small struggles since I've got here, but only to make me work harder and go after what I really want. He has helped me open my eyes to realize what most others around me already knew: I am a strong girl..... I have my battles big and small and I keep going. I make mistakes but I own up to them and work hard to try not to make them again. For years I've struggled with low self esteem, but he's been helping me work through this too. For too long I looked toward the men in my life to validate me, but he has got me to a point where I'm going to make it on my own and showed me that I only need to look to him for validation. He has me enjoying being a single girl, and I've never had that kind of peace before. He put me in a living situation where I have friends and family close by so I don't have to feel lonely anymore. I am thankful for all the changes in my life that keep evolving me into the person he wants me to be. I am thankful that he continues to heal my heart and make it stronger. I'm thankful for his guidance and compassion because I would be completely lost without his help. I'm thankful he listened to me that day I felt as though I had no hope and he spoke to my heart and told me that he loved me and was going to take care of everything for me. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your thoughts about relationships is so true, and this can happen with husband-wife, sisters, brothers, Christian-non Christian, friend to friend, etc. About a year and a half ago, our Pastor taught on the Lord's prayer, or I should say the prayer that Jesus taught His discipes to pray. I learned so much more about forgiving those who trespass against me . . . I never use to think about all the times I trespass against others and don't even realize it. But, even if it is a blatant (I knew I was deliberately sinning) or ones that I didn't know about, I need to confess it daily!!!! In all actuality, even my righteousness is like filthy rags, and only God's goodness in me is anything to boast about. That said, Sarah, forgive, forgive, forgive 7x70, and you will be better for it.