Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pleasing God- Not People

"Our purpose is to please God, not people. He is the one who examines the motives of our hearts." 1 Thes. 2:4B

Wow, it amazing when you find a verse you feel was specifically written for you! My whole life I've been a people pleaser. I've had a very difficult time making decisions for myself because I worry about how the outcome may affect other people. I barley even knew myself because almost everything I did was to make someone else happy. Let me tell you this is not a great way to live at all. God has been working on me lately to learn more about myself and to worry about his feelings above anyone elses and it is the happiest I have ever been. I am thankful that God puts his word in front of us and speaks directly to our hearts. I am thankful that he did not give up on me even though I tried pleasing everyone else but him.

No comments: